What happens here?

What happens here?

Buildings, energy, energy policy, indoor air quality, problems, triumphs, successes, failures and the people and processes that affect them.

Feel free to draw any tangential connection you think appropriate.

I love spirited and enthusiastic exchanges, but please maintain the decorum.



Thursday, March 7, 2013

Architectural appeal IS an important part of building science.

Our buildings should please us. Sometimes they should inspire, sometimes calm; but if we don't care about them we won't care for them.
Have you ever lived in a building that you loved to arrive at? A place that made you proud to call home, that felt like it wanted you to be there?
I hope you live there now. If not, what do you think would get you to feel that way about the place you live now?
I need a good garden space, some wildlife in my yard and a good window to see the yard from while I'm having my morning cup (on days it's too chilly to have it outside). My inside list includes a workable kitchen space, a place to read and good daylight. My neighbors figure into the equation too, but that is getting a little away from the buildings aspect. Or is it?

What would your list look like? Is the focus inside or out? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment